Key indicators include
% of the company’s business lines that have signed BNP Paribas Real Estate’s responsible growth charter
Meet the expectations of customers and society
- Develop our product and service offering to meet current and future market needs, in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Promote a culture of innovation to better identify and seize new market opportunities.
- Improve our operational excellence and performance by offering functional, efficient and responsible products and services.
- Set up workshops bringing together CSR leaders at a European level to discuss and draw up action plans on the “Quick wins” actions to be implemented to improve our CSR performance
- Promote/make known innovations in line with our commitments in terms of sustainable development (define means and channels), both internally and externally
- Identify and promote the components of a value-creating offer (tangible and intangible) for the consumer, and measure performance: identify and test new technological and digital solutions for more efficient buildings and services (smart connectivity). Identify products and offers for the Health and Wellbeing of occupants. Physical (people with reduced mobility), multimodal and transport access.
New responsible services
- Consider environmental impacts, including energy and resource use (raw materials, water, waste…) and product management (product life cycle and circular economy).
- Promote the use of renewable energies.
- Include resistance to change due to climate risks.
- Certify buildings with a green approach: reduce the footprint of all our activities under management (certification and standards to improve the performance of asset resources).
- Install “smart” meters or meters to measure different uses of energy and water.
- Prepare for future reporting of GHG emissions.
- Enhance the sensitive use and transfer of customers’ personal data, ensuring sufficient data security.
- Facilitate access to relevant and clear communication to demonstrate sustainability performance to stakeholders and enable partners to systematically apply and integrate Social and Governance Environmental criteria into investment and lending decisions.
- Identify areas for improvement of future marketing policies, our products and services, and improve our relationship with clients (client satisfaction survey).
HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- Providing open, flexible workspaces designed to encourage informal interaction is now linked to better workplace learning.
- Provide occupants with flexible space to respond to changes in lifestyles and work patterns.
- Use responsible technologies, including an energy centre within managed buildings, air quality controls, presence-controlled lighting, noise reduction, solar tubes, smart water systems and a green roof.
- Provide and guarantee a safe and healthy environment in the buildings managed by BNPPRE for tenant clients and tenants
- Provide employees with the opportunity to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Develop the integration of cleaning services with healthy and environmental objectives.
- Improving productivity and reducing absenteeism brings financial benefits. Proximity facilities such as fitness facilities, childcare, public transport and coffee break areas influence productivity and well-being.
- Make products and services and distribution channels as accessible as possible to people with physical disabilities or impairments.
- Transport: Promote sustainable and healthy transport strategies to reduce travel demand and car dependency.
- Develop the relationship between an asset and the community, and its contribution to the well-being of society (entrepreneurship, job creation, education, effective communication, philanthropic charities and engagement with community groups).
- Monitor the impact on communities through a quality of life score. The Sustainability Index assesses seven broad categories of community liveability: housing, neighbourhood, transportation, environment, health, commitment and opportunities.
Innovative best practices
Optimize the environmental performance of in-use assets
BNP Paribas REPM has developed a range of services to analyze the energy profile of a real estate asset and propose solutions to improve its environmental performance. Tools and services for real-time monitoring, remote monitoring and maintenance, intelligent planning of interventions, optimization of energy supplies…
As a guarantee of safety, responsibility and quality mark, environmental certification is also an integral part of the services provided. To study the possibilities of environmental certification, based on the results of a pre-audit, an action plan is drawn up that includes the management of service providers, the management of change with users and the work necessary for the asset to be certified.
Green Building & City Solutions Awards
The Green Building Solutions Awards are an international competition organised by the Construction21 network. It highlights buildings and exemplary solutions that contribute to the fight against climate change.
BNP Paribas Real Estate supports Immowell Lab, a start-up incubator dedicated to well-being through real estate. The objective is to make a list and sourcing of the most relevant start-ups. 4 are currently being tested (POC) in our Innovation Street.
BNP Paribas REIM France has obtained WiredScore certification for 3 funds and an international label assessing the Internet connectivity of office buildings for two of its Paris Region assets. The WiredScore label allows more transparency by providing users and owners with all the information related to the connectivity of their office space.
Smart Building and Smart City
The Smart Building and Smart City concept makes it possible to bring together a network of large groups and start-ups around innovation.