Promote the knowledge and influence of CSR in the real estate sector
- Our goal is to help our communities prosper by focusing on 3 key areas: health and well-being, community relations and education about our business lines.
- We believe that we have the ability to make a positive contribution in these areas that correspond to our competencies and our experience.
- Our contribution is reflected in investment and community development initiatives focused on the real estate sector.
- Deploy an involvement plan to promote BNP Paribas Real Estate’s active contribution to its professional networks.
- Have BNP Paribas Real Estate’s CSR performance acknowledged by recognised appraisers within 3 years.
Participate in real estate sector focus groups
As a major real estate player, BNP Paribas Real Estate must be at the heart of market developments by sharing the thoughts of professionals in its sector abroad. We actively participate in the activities of professional associations and federations, national and international working groups, including the German Sustainable Building Council, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in Germany and the German Society of Property Researchers and the HQE/ France GBC association in France.
We are also actively involved with the public authorities by participating in the work of the Sustainable Building Plan, including in particular:
- the “QUALITY SIGNS” working group that we co-led.
- the Working groups on the Renovation of the Corporate Real Estate Stock, the Energy Performance Guarantee and the Private Corporate Real Estate Stock.
We are also very involved with organisations that contribute to the research and dissemination of the best solutions for sustainable real estate.
- the HQE France GBC association, which develops environmental assessment standards for buildings under construction, undergoing renovation and those being used;
- the French Institute for Building Performance (IFPEB), which is working on the most appropriate means for the widespread use of sustainable buildings in compliance with technical and economic constraints;
- CERTIVEA and CERQUAL certifiers, who develop the most appropriate procedures to certify the quality of buildings and their use.
- The BBCA association (Low Carbon Buildings) of which we are a founding member
ESTP Paris Foundation
BNP Paribas Real Estate supports the implementation of the ESTP Paris Foundation’s projects, whose objectives are to promote the strengthening of expertise in the construction industry.
BNP Paribas Real supports the Green Solutions Awards organised by the Construction 21 platform. This great initiative highlights exemplary solutions and innovations in sustainable development. The aim is to inspire the city’s construction professionals in their future building, eco-neighbourhood and infrastructure projects and thus contribute to maintaining global warming below 2°C.
Prix des espoirs de l’architecture BNP Paribas Real Estate
With the “Prix des Espoirs de l’Architecture BNP PARIBAS REAL ESTATE” strives to:
- Combine its sponsorship actions for architecture and the young talents of tomorrow with a support action for young people.
- Make architecture students reflect on and raise their awareness of current architectural issues, particularly in terms of sustainable development;
- Foster synergies and create bridges between the academic and professional worlds.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is a founding member of the Palladio Foundation, which works directly with all stakeholders who have or will have the responsibility of building the cities of tomorrow, by creating the necessary support tools for all.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is a partner and member of the competition jury for companies, public authorities and institutions to promote CSR: CSR Challenges. It is a great tool to promote responsible approaches and corporate responsibility performance from communities and various organisations.
Women in Leadership
Since 2012, BNP Paribas Real Estate has been committed to women’s leadership. In 2016, 30 employees attended a WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP training programme that will allow them to increase their visibility and leadership within the company. Since the start of the programme, 80 employees have participated and 27% of them have been promoted.
Housing for young students
The company provides accommodation for deserving young students and scholarships to facilitate their studies and support them in their first steps in the business world.